Sunday 18 April 2010

Help yourself


dear G.M. Kelly,

Up early yesterday to catch the car ferry and drive back to Wellington. Once on board I did my sudoku for a while and then decided to take a parent up to the cabin to buy the paper. There were lovely muffins available on the counter in cling wrap. As I hadn't had breakfast and am not trying to lose weight like some others around me. So I politely helped myself (independent person that I am) and left to take it back down the steps to eat in the car.

You wouldn't believe what happened next. The serving man pointed to me and demanded the parent pay for what I was 'taking'. Parent went bright red, looked ashamed (for gods sake) and came and took my muffin off me and put it back on the counter.

Now firstly, why do they put them there if you are not meant to just help yourself and secondly couldn't parent just pay if that is what had to be done.

lots of love

Rose Hélène XXX