Sunday 27 December 2009

Helping myself



dear Sabian and Julian,

Just a word of warning for when you visit. You can get very hungry around here if you don't start helping yourself. And the quality of accessible food isn't always what one might hope for. Today after only three pieces of fruit loaf for breakfast and a can of baked beans (medium sized) for lunch I found that by mid afternoon hunger was setting in. I hadn't been offered the pizza that others here had for lunch but I managed to scrape up the remains (the soggy middle piece) off the pizza stone and then grab a glass of water out of the sink (dishwashing water). I thought I better aim for eating it on the spot (the kitchen floor) as who knows what other scavengers might get in on the deal.

see you soon,

lots of love

Rose Helene