Saturday 25 September 2010

Fragile Fingers


dear Briony,

On Saturday morning, I woke at 3.30 to the sound of a text message coming from Pakistan. But I was forced to stay in bed until 6.00am when Billy and I were finally allowed to climb on Glenda's bed and settle in to read magazines.

I got to have stew for a pre-breakfast appetizer which was my dinner I had fallen asleep in from the night before. Then we went into La Cigalle, the french market in Parnell to have breakfast proper. The market has the most amazingly yummy food and I had an apple brioche.

Then it was back into the car, belted into the back seat. Mummy was putting vegetables in the boot and I turned around to look and put my hand out, but she didn't see me and closed the boot door and came to sit in the car. I was crying and she turned to see what happened. She looked so scared and screamed out at Glenda, 'Rosie's hand is in the boot door' while she opened it quickly with the remote unlocker. My middle finger on my left hand was very squashed with a big indent and there was just a lot of blood. We drove quickly to the Accident and Emergency for Children at Auckland Hospital.

We spent three hours there, while the nurse looked at my fingers, the trainee intern looked at my fingers, the doctor looked at my fingers, the radiographer x-rayed my fingers. The doctor then said they were not broken and she discharged me after the nurse put some plasters on.

So it was all okay in the end, but we missed our boat to Waiheke. Judy had to drive in and take Glenda home as she had an appointment and then we had to pick up Judy as she has come to stay the night.

Once were on the boat, I fell fast asleep.

love to you

Rosie XXXXXXXX