Tuesday 26 May 2009

Communication Passport for School

Hi,


This is my communication passport that school is producing... here is a preview... love Rosie XXX


Introducing Me

My name is Rosie Helene Matheson. I live at home in Brooklyn with my Mummy and Daddy. I am six years old, but am seven very soon. In my life, I have lots of people who love, care and look after me - these include; Mel, Juanita, Eleanor, Briony, Soi, Carolyn (my music teacher) and Xin Xin (my other music teacher). I also have a very special friend called Cas who is Juanita's dog.

My Strengths

- I very able at taking my medicine and doing daily, regular tasks such as bathing and brushing teeth
- I am very good at helping with all chores , I especially like to help Mummy iron and clean the floors.
- I love to swim, in the pool I am able to kick and keep my head above the water when helped floating.
-I am very good at all musical instruments. My listening is also improving every day, I am able to comprehend most requests and do as i'm told...on most occasions :)

Things I Like

- I LOVE to do all the things big kids/adults do, especially, I love cell phones, TV remotes or anything eletronic.
- I really like it when people to talk and sing to me, often I will join in a song!
- I love to help in the kitchen - running the tap, mixing with a wooden spoons and rolling dough is my favourite.
- I also love movement; playing on a swing ond riding on a bike with Eleanor is my idea of a good time!

Things I Dislike

- I don't like missing out on sleep, when I'm tired I can be a bit grumpy
- I really dislike waiting, when something exciting is going to happen - such as the arrival of my school taxi, I would like it to happen now!
- I don't like it when people I love leave :(

My Sight


My sight is pretty good, sometimes I wear my glasses but I am quite able without them. If you hide something from me, I will most likely be able to find it!



Listening and Hearing


My listening skills are very good - I will usually look or respond to you if you speak or interact with me. I sometimes have trouble with understanding what you are trying to say to me, but this is improving every day! Instead of responding in speech I have several signs I know well, these are: 'more', 'toilet', 'finished' and more recently 'please' - I also regularly point and say 'oh' 'oog' to something that interests me.


How I work best and things you can do help

I work best when you give me tasks to do and describe the actions I am to take. I will always respond to music


Ways of managing me that I like (that work well) including physical and behavioural help:


Instead of physically moving me, I am increasingly responding to verbal requests. You may need to tell me several times in a firm voice, though, until I really understand. I work very well if set projects or tasks, and if you are also doing them- such as writing, cleaning etc. I am more likely to work well and individually.


Ways of managing me that I don't like (that don't work) including physical and behavioural help:

If you don't want me to have something or touch somehting breakable, dangerous or special you may need to entertain me or put me onto something else. Simply leaving the thing in front o fme and telling me no, with no alternative, doesn't usually work.

Important people in my life

I have many important people who I love and have in my life- including the people in my introduction (above). There is a big big family around me that is too big to mention. Then there is my Dr Werry and Kelly and Glenda my godmothers and Simon my godfather. My friend is Hope and Elsa who visit me and then my boyfriend is Matt (though he thinks he is Mel's boyfriend).

Most of all I have my roots in Pakistan with Tehzeeb, Zulfiqar, Fatima, Mehmood, Fared, Ghaffar, Lubna, Kandy and Kahan and Sister Nusrat, and my birth family.

Eating and Drinking

I have a very wide eating palate- I will devour most things you give me. At the moment I especially like pizza and pasta. I will always LOVE chocoalate. I might be allergic to honey.

(Thankyou so much Mel for writing this up for me--- love Rosiepo)